Design, User Experience, User Interface, and Project Management
While serving as the Assistant Director for Web and Digital Media at California Institute of Integral Studies, I initiated a redesign of the University's website. The redesign was timed to coincide with the merger of CIIS and the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM).
We had five goals:
1. Design a website that is beautiful and striking, true to the spirit of the University, but unique in the higher education space
2. Update our visual identity in a way that is inclusive of both institutions, CIIS and ACTCM
3. Replace an out-of-date website with a modern and responsive one
4. Improve the user experience, specifically the website navigation menus, by creating a universal display that presents a clear and consistent menu system across devices
5. Make it easier for content creators to create compelling content focused on student recruitment
I managed a small team of strategists, communicators and designers. I did the graphic design and managed the UI and UX processes.
Browse at ciis.edu
Graphic Design and Layout
2010 - 2016
Mission at Tenth inter-arts journal is produced annually by the MFA Department at California Institute of Integral Studies. From 2010 - 2016 I served as art director, working closely with the managing editor to determine the creative direction of each issue. I also did the graphic design and layout for volumes 2 through 6.
MFA students in the Editing and Publishing class serve as the magazine's contributing editors, soliciting and selecting work for the magazine and assisting with research. The mission of the magazine is to publish innovative work by emerging and established writers and other artists.
I designed this logo and branding concept for Vikario, a community-driven travel game and social platform for the travel-obsessed.
I led the rebranding effort for Helix Associates, a legal recruiting firm based in London.
I cofounded and served as creative lead for HUP, a network to foster collaboration and bring projects to life.
Branding and Uniform Design
M2 Revolution is an indoor cycling facility and training team in downtown San Francisco that needed an update to their graphic identity while retaining brand equity. I retained the recognizable M that's at the core of their brand, but built a more modern identity system around that icon. I also designed custom cycling and triathlon uniforms for the M2 Revolution training teams.